A little Christmas Meme, I lovingly borrowed from Genny's Journal and mashed it up with one from Matters of Merry Making.
1. What's your favorite Christmas cartoon?
Charlie Brown Christmas!! Love it! Know it by heart, and cannot ever get through Linus' speech about the true meaning of Christmas without breaking down into tears.
2. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
Love Actually, Serendipity, About a Boy, and White Christmas
3. What's your favorite Christmas song?
"Gabrielle's Message" by Sting on the Very Special Christmas album, the entire "Charlie Brown Christmas" album and I am really loving "A Very She and Him Christmas."
4. Where do you spend Christmas?
Well, until this year, we had always spent La Noche Buena with my Puerto Rican in-laws, and Christmas Day with my family at my Grandmother's house. However, having relocated to Kentucky this year, I plan to go to Christmas Eve services at a local church, and then to work from there. I will be working the entire holiday weekend, plus Monday this year. However, next year I will be off, so we will see what happens then. I would like to volunteer at the Salvation Army or something of the like. My son will be 16 years old, and we all need to remember to be grateful for all the blessings we have, and to bless others with our service.
5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Typically, my husband & I exchange our gifts to each other after our son has gone to bed on Christmas Eve. We like to watch David open his gifts in the morning.
6. Do you have stockings?
Used to. Not anymore.
7. How are you at wrapping presents?
Love to wrap presents. When I was a kid, my mother would box up all my gifts, and I would wrap all of the presents for the whole family.
8. Do you go out shopping the day after Christmas?
No. I dislike crowds and pushy people.
9. Do you buy a Christmas dress/outfit every year?
10. Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider, or Egg Nog?
Hot chocolate if I am cold. Egg nog, but only in very limited quantities.
11. Gingerbread man or frosted sugar cookie?
Frosted sugar cookies.
12. Real tree or fake tree?
I love the smell of a real tree, but the convenience and cost effectiveness of a faux. I have found very nice smelling tree scented candles at Bath & Body, so I light those and stick with the 6 foot green toilet brush. :)
13. Put up your own lights or drive around and look at other people's lights?
I put up a few lights, as I live in an apartment. Love to go look at other's lights. Get cocoa from Starbucks, crank up the holiday tunes on the car radio, and drive around oohing and aahing.
14. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa does not wrap, however, he does do the assembly of particularly complicated Matchbox and train setups.
15. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white or blue lights, how they give off a frosty glow.
16. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, I don't need a plant to tell me to kiss my loved ones.
17. When do you put your decorations up?
We usually put them up on my son's birthday weekend. Around Dec 11th. It all comes down on Jan. 1st to start the year off fresh.
18. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Well, we usually have Italian for Christmas. (What says holiday more than red tomatoes and fresh basil? Yum!)
19. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Actually, it would have been the year I got my big, old, honkin' stereo system when I was 16.
20. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
When I was 8, I accidentally found all the presents in the closet.
21.How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, sparkly decorations, star.
22.Snow! Love it or dread it?
This year....dread it. Because, this Miami-native will have to drive to work in it.
24.Can you ice skate?
I can stay upright, and move forward. Stopping usually consists of running into the side walls.
25. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The aforementioned stereo, and my first sewing machine.
26. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
27. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Egg nog ice cream!
28. What tops your tree? Star from Pottery Barn/silver wire with glitter
29. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I love to give gifts. I like finding the perfect gift for the recipient. As for myself, I would rather get a gift card, and let me pick out what I want when I come across it.
30. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Definitely, YUM!
31. Saddest Christmas song?
"Blue Christmas" as sung in "The Year Without a Santa Claus." WaaaaahhhH!!!!