Friday, December 30, 2011

It started with UGH! and then got better....

So after my very long Christmas weekend at work, all I wanted to to do was sleep and hide in my house for a day or two. However, my son was to have none of that. He had gift cards to spend, which meant I got a four hour nap, and then had to make myself presentable to the public. Or, so I thought.





Yeah, I know. No amount of fixing was going to improve this situation. But, I do hope I get credit for not going out in the sweatpants and crocs that I wanted to stay snuggled up in.





















Grape-Ape ensemble by:

Scarf: F21
Sweater and LS tee: Target
Cords: Talbots (Think they will be retiring)
Hiking Boots: Brahma










Wednesday, I did spend the day in sweats, as all I did was go to the gym and do laundry. Therefore, no pics.




Thursday was an improvement.

Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger
Zebra shirt: Lane Bryant
Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger














Today I went with my son to Waveland Historic Site. It is an old estate with a beautiful main house, an old log cabin, a slave quarters, and an ice house. Our favorite is the miniature log cabin that was built as a play house for the children of the time. Here is my son with the cabin:






The first is to show scale. My son is about 6'2". The last picture is him standing up inside the cabin. He said he felt like Gandalf in the Hobbit's house in the Shire.




We can't wait to go back in the spring, when the flower and herb garden will be in bloom. We also went thrifting, and I got the cutest Chuck Taylor's with a Superman design. Even my son, who hates it when I buy anything, said I had to get them.

And finally, today:





Black Sweater: Le Target
Red Tee: JC Penney
Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger (I swear I wish had bought all of these jeans. I am wearing my two pair to death!)
Shoes: Superman Chuck Taylor's!! :)

Groceries & errands. Now I am in my Galaxy Blue as always.











Doing these outfit posts I find the following:

1) Having my son take my picture, I smile more.
2) I really have no concept of how to dress in any fun way when all I want to do is stay warm.
3) Making the effort to put on something besides sweats to go run errands makes me feel better.


Happy New Year! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment