Monday, December 31, 2012

Last post for 2012....

Another year come and gone.... I am looking forward to this one going, for sure.



I am going to enter this new year full of hope.  And a few other goals are on the horizon, as well:

Re-start school this summer. Life got in the way this fall and winter, and I totally lapsed on school. So,  starting with the summer sessions, I am going to get my butt in gear, and start working toward that BSN. First classes on the list: World History and  Life-span Psychology.

Decorate my apartment... We have been living in the apartment since July 2011, and we still have hardly anything on the walls or floors.  The apartment is still all beige and white.  Blah.... I want to finally tap into my style inspirations and change it up.  My husband may die of color overload, but that's his problem.

Hike... at least monthly, preferably weekly, especially while it is cool.

Walk... at least 30 minutes a day, every day. I have got to get my butt moving.  I spend entirely too much time sitting in my house, because others want to do nothing. The lethargy is killing me.

I wish we could get one of these... but, $2000 is way, WAY out of our price range...



I guess it is park walking for me....

Give up soda... this one may actually be one of the harder ones to stick with. Just drank my last Diet Coke... I don't usually drink them excessively, but I am getting older, and my bones need to keep all their calcium.

Knit a whole sweater.... I have been wanting to knit a cable fisherman sweater for year.  This will be the year to do it.

Volunteer... I have been wanting to volunteer for ages... but I could never decide on what to do.  This past Christmas was only the first step... Through the Lexington Rescue Mission, I have the opportunity to use my nursing skills in a helpful way. I also want to make regular food and toiletry donations to the Mission, as well as knit or crochet scarves and hats.

Find my style.... I know I have one somewhere.... sometimes I feel like I am too old to dress the way I really want. But, I am determined to find my style.... how does one dress like a preppy, rocker, quirky girly-girl with an affinity for Breton striped shirts?

Work on positivity......



Take a vacation with the family, that does not involve travel to Miami. I would like to go to New York City, Washington, DC or drive up into Canada!!

Other self improving items for this year:

Develop a budget and stick to it. 
Eat fish 2 times per week & eliminate white pasta.
Learn to paint with water colors.
Get regular pedicures.
Go to dentist.
Use no credit at all. 
Spend more quality time with my kiddo and husbeast. 

Happy New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment