Sunday, December 23, 2012

This is me challenge: part 6

Sleep:
*How many hours do you like to sleep at night?

Like to sleep.... about 10.  Get to sleep... about 6. 

*Do you take naps?


If I have been off a few days, and will be working that night, I will try to lay down for about three hours before. Otherwise, usually no naps.

*Do you like a lot, or few blankets and pillows?


1 sheet in the summer. In the winter, 1 blanket and 1 quilt.  3 pillows (2 under head, 1 huggy)

*Can you sleep anywhere, or does it have to be in your own bed?


Oh, I sleep better just about anywhere but my bed.  I can sleep just about anywhere. Planes... I fall asleep immediately after takeoff, and wake when I feel the descent.  Trains, automobiles, doctor's office, Firestone, and my favorite, hotels.  However.... I sleep terribly at my grandmother's house. I have become so accustomed to sleeping alone, I can not sleep with my husband.  I tend to sleep on the couch if I am home at night. 

  *What are your favorite conditions for a good-night's sleep?  Does it have to be completely dark and quiet?

I sleep during the day more often than I sleep at night....so my ideal sleep is in my house, alone, the neighbor's upstairs not at home. The temperature must be cool.  It does not have to be dark. And, I like some white noise, usually a fan.

Food:

*What are your favorite foods?

I have never met a noodle I didn't like. I tend toward pasta dishes... but not heavy, cheesy dishes. I like pasta with a lot of vegetables and a simple olive oil sauce. 

I also like Thai, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Japanese, Indian and Mexican foods. 

*What are your favorite desserts?


Ice cream. The best vanilla you can get.  

*Do you like to cook or bake?  What are your favorites to make?


I like to bake cakes. I was really into baking cupcakes for a while. 

*Do you have any food allergies?


No.

*What are some foods you have a hard time saying "no" to?


Ice cream, pasta, my favorites....

*What foods do you HAVE to have name brand?  Which can you do generic?

Pasta can be generic... sauce has to be brand. Cheese has to be brand. Lunch meats have to be brand.

*Do you try to eat healthy?


Yes.... usually. I love to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. But, I also love a good burger. 

*Do you prefer eating out?  Where?


Honestly, I prefer my own cooking, except salads.  Nothing is better than a restaurant salad. Oh, and Five Guys burgers can not be replicated at home.  

Health:

*How is your overall health?

Well, I really need to lose a lot (A LOT) of weight. But, otherwise, I am pretty healthy. 

*Have you had any surgeries? (If yes, give details.)


Lost my gall bladder. January 2002 I had to have it removed. It was a laparoscopic procedure. All I remember is waking up in the recovery room and immediately throwing up. 

*Have you had any broken bones?  (If yes, give details.)


I got a hairline fracture of my left ulna while learning to roller skate way back when I was 7 years old. I kept falling and breaking my fall with my left arm. Only had to wear a sling for a few weeks. 

*Do you have allergies? (If yes, give details.)


Just the seasonal stuff....

*What are you doing to keep healthy now?


Can I get back to this one?


Around the World:

*What major world events have happened in your lifetime?

Wow, since  December,1969?....Too many to list here. 

*Has it affected who you are now?


I think it is impossible to live life without being affected by the world in in which we live. 

 *Who was the President when you were born?  Who is it now?

Nixon was President when I was born.  Today, President Obama is serving his second term. 

*What natural disasters have you been in?


The first natural disaster I ever experienced was Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Until Andrew, there had not been a hurricane in Miami in over 20 years. I have been through several hurricanes since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment