Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why I am glad that I don't live in Miami.....

As I have mentioned in the past, I relocated from Miami, Florida to Lexington, Kentucky.

I like it, but I wouldn't say I love it. However, I do love it compared to Miami.

What I don't like about Miami:

The TRAFFIC!!!! It is horrendous all the time. Highway, street, day and night. Crazy, rude drivers. "Why yes I want to make a right hand turn from the far left lane." (Mind you, there are 5 lanes of traffic they are crossing.)

It's hot! It is January, and it is 85 degrees! I was so looking forward to warmth, until I started sweating on Saturday. Yeah, not for me. Now I am looking forward to putting my hoody back on.

The people tend to be so rude. Cutting you off on the road (see driving), cutting in lines, never ever hanging up their dang phones, never a please or thank you, or God forbid, an excuse me.

Poor customer service. If you go to a store you are either treated like a criminal or ignored. In the local stores, there are actually prompts that appear on the register screens "Greet the customer. Thank them and welcome them back." The employees won't say a word to you. Not even the amount you owe them.

All in all, I am very glad that we moved away. And I look forward to returning to KY. Even if I am cold.

W. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment