Wednesday, March 7, 2012

11 things....







The Rules

Post these rules.
Post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you.
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
Go to their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged!

11 Things About Me

1. I am terrified of heights! Not high heights, just high enough that my feet can't touch the floor.
2. I joined the Navy for love. Yeah, that's crazy.
3. I have a terrible rebellious streak. Especially when it comes to my husband.
4. I hate to cook (not new), but I love to bake!!! I wanted to be one of those cupcake women.
5. I spent a year living in Europe. Best thing I could have ever done.
6. I have been to Disney World at least 25 times.
7. I cry easily. I anger quickly, but forgive just as quickly.
8. I don't get a lot of contemporary art. Sorry, but a basketball suspended in a fishtank of water is not art to me.


I actually saw this on display in NYC when I visited the New Museum. It is by Jeff Koons, and is entitled "Equilibrium"















9. I really, really, really want to go whitewater rafting!
10. I like to use the f-word. Like, a lot. It's not nice, I know. But if you knew me....you would know how outside my personality that is. So, instead of nasty, it just comes out funny.
11. I think muscle cars are so sexy. I literally got all excited (if you know what I mean) when I got to test drive a 2011 Challenger at an airshow down in Florida last year. (oh, and I love the sound of jet fighters)



















11 Questions
1. Coffee or tea? Green or black?
Green or herbal tea.

2. Tell me about your pets. If you don't have any, tell me about your... plants?
I have two cats, both tuxedos, a boy and a girl, names : Kitty and Pretty. I have a black mutt dog, female, Bear.

3. What is your very first memory?
Sitting in the shopping cart in the grocery store, and I had on red cords and Dr. Scholl's sandals, which kept flipping off of my feet as they were swinging. I remember we were in the dairy aisle and my mother got fed up with picking up the shoes, and threw them into the back basket.

4. If you could learn any language, which would you choose, and why?
I have always wanted to learn French. I even took it for two years in junior high. Beyond the basics, all I remember how to say is "Ou est Sylvie? Elle n'est pa la. Ou est Etienne? Il est a la piscine."

5. What has been your most hideous fashion blunder?
Probably showing up to high school in fishnets and a leather skirt was a bad idea. I distinctly remember my science teacher, Mr. Austin giving me some sidelong glances. It was the 80's and I was a metal chick. What can I say?

6. Pretend you're on tv. What song should play every time you enter the room?

Everyone knows it's Wendy!

7. If you could hug any animal in the world, what would you choose?

Oh, for sure a koala. They are my little aussie soul-mates.

8. Tell me the best joke you know.

A highway patrolman pulled up alongside a speeding car on the freeway. As the officer peered through the driver's window, he was astounded to find that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting.

The trooper cranked down his window and yelled to the driver, "Pull over!" at the top of his lungs. "No!" the blonde yelled back, "Scarf!"


9. How do you feel about celeb gossip magazines?

Hate them. Don't read them. And I don't follow celebrity gossip. Whenever something comes on the news about these people they get a rousing "WTFC?" from me.

10. Are you sick of the presidential campaigning yet?

Absolutely. For one, I am not Republican. I do not follow their agenda, and never will. And listening to their stupid holier-than-thou rhetoric makes me sick. I think the attack ads are nasty, and instead of stating what any one will do for our country, they point fingers at each other and say, "I am not as bad as him." Is that what we really want for a leader?

11. If you could go into business for yourself and not fail, what would you peddle?

I want to open a coffee/sandwich shop with an attached laundromat. It would have a Central Perk vibe, with comfy couches, some flat screen tvs, and wi-fi for all the tech-heads out there. We would serve soft drinks, tea, coffee and pastries and sandwiches.

11 questions for others

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Where have you always wanted to go?
3. What is your favorite meal? Why, and describe the perfect meal?
4. Do you have siblings? Are you close?
5. What do you do when you are sad?
6. What is your secret talent?
7. Roller coasters... love 'em or hate 'em?
8. What was the one toy you wanted as a kid, but never got?
9. Is a fountain just a decorative object, or a splashy fun thing to get into? (you can guess my answer)
10. What is the most daring thing you have done?
11. Camping or glamping?

Anyone is free to participate. I am not an exclusionary person.

Peace.

W. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment