Friday, March 9, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday



Welcome to another edition of Fill in the Blank Friday brought to you by The Little Things We Do.

1. My favorite room in my home is the living room because that is where we spend most of our time together as a family.

2. My current decor style is apartment standard issue. but I wish it were cape cod beach house. Kind of like a Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware catalog mashup. Wainscotting, rough planked floors, kind of beachy color palette with blues, white and sand colors. Big, slip covered arm chairs, sisal rug, just laid back and comfy.

3. I wish I could redecorate the master bedroom in my house to make it more reflective of my personal style. I would want a nice paint color with some fun artwork. Crisp white sheets, with a colorful duvet and shams. All white furniture, although not necessarily a matched set. More like an ecclectic collection that may all have a white coat of paint to make it go.

4. My dream house absolutely has to have a proper attic that has a gabled roof and dormer windows. And then I would want this attic to be finished out as a craft, reading, personal retreat room. It would have celandon green walls, another big slip covered chair with a rose print. And an ottoman. White wash planked floors, with a pink round braided rug. A huge white armoire that holds all my sewing supplies, fabric, yarn and quilt collection. Framed prints of flowers on the wall. Cat beds and a cat tree for my furries.


5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is a bed. Sleep is too important to me to sleep on a crummy bed/mattress.

6. A decor trend that I just don't "get" is ultra-modern. I like to feel like I can live in my home. I don't want to be afraid of hurting myself on my furniture's sharp corners. Can stretch out for a nap on the sofa, because is it hard an unyielding. I like furniture you can literally sink into, curl up on and relax.

7. Quilts is/are a little touch that makes my house feel like home.

W. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment