Thursday, March 8, 2012

Planning.....

Now that winter has come and gone, I am looking forward to spring and summer.

Spring is such a beautiful time of year, watching nature reawaken. The daffodils are all in bloom (my second favorite flower), and there is a whole line of bulbs planted next to the parking garage at work. So tempting to just cut all of them down and take them home and fill every vase, cup, pitcher and mason jar with those happy, yellow blooms. Soon, all the wildflowers will be popping up, and I will be on my way back to Raven Run to visit the Flower Bowl.



I think this may be one of my favorite places to go, no matter the season.

March: thinking the husbeast and I need a real date night. And what better weekend than Conception Day (oops I mean St Patrick's Day) weekend. There is a burlesque show on 3/16 and then the parade and stuff on 3/17.

Spring break will be coming up soon for the kiddo, and while I was not able to get any extra days off from work, we are planning some local driving trips on the days I do have off. We are going to go to Louisville, and visit the Louisville Slugger Museum, and explore the vintage clothing shops around there, maybe see the Bats play. Visit Harrodsburg, see the fort, go to the Shaker Village. Drive up to Cincinnati, and actually get out of the car this time. (First time we went it was 101 degrees. And we ended up in the dodgy part of town.) Go down to Richmond and visit Adventure Falls.

Oh, and the farmer's market. Summer is all about fresh fruit, veggies and strolling through the market downtown on Saturday morning.

May will be a visit to the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival at Bryant Station. Tons of yarny goodness, sheep dog exhibitions and cute little alpaca and sheepy faces to smoosh.

June is the Kentucky Renaissance Faire. Oooh.... fun!

July, we will be driving to Missouri to attend my nephew's wedding. Then it will be the Fourth, and there will be fireworks, and hot dogs, and all sorts of patriotic goings on.

August...... my 20th wedding anniversary. I would like to go visit Mammoth Cave and Cave City. Stay in the Wigwam Village. Go to Guntown Mountain. Really kitsch it up.

Wow.... summer is over already.

W. :)


2 comments:

  1. You need to take a day trip to Natural Bridge and the Red River Gorge. If you haven't been you will love it up there.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been told that I need to visit there.

      Thanks for visiting.

      W. :)

      Delete