Saturday, February 4, 2012

I spent my afternoon in Paris....

I slept in til 11:30 this morning. How wonderful!! Especially, since I spent most of the night tossing and turning. (I have a hard time sleeping in bed with another person, thanks to my daytime sleeping due to working night shifts.)

When I awoke, it was a dark and rainy afternoon, which meant there was only one thing to do...

Watch classic musicals of course!!!

I started with "Funny Face" starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire. So good. Edith Head was the most amazing costumer.

Source: google.com via Wendy on Pinterest



Then, I followed with "An American In Paris" starring Gene Kelly. Oooohh, I would totally have crawled up on him if I was around back then.

Source: google.com via Wendy on Pinterest



Besides Paris, these two movies share a couple of other similarities. They both feature the song "'SWonderful" by the Gershwins, and in both films the male lead is significantly older then the female lead. In "Funny Face" Astaire was 30 years older, and in "An American in Paris" Kelly was 20 years older than Leslie Caron. (Although, at 19, I would have been all into him, too.)

Along with the movies, I worked on refashioning a wool skirt. I need to take 5 inches off the length!! My ideal skirt length is 27 inches. I have thrifted a whole slew of skirts, and most of them are perfect except for the length. I am going to be a professional hemmer by summer.

Other than that, I am at work all this weekend. Will be missing Super Bowl. I did not get to go to the movies on Friday. Instead, I got to do the taxes. State and Federal. And if I ever meet the bozo the created the KY state tax form in a dark alley.... he is gonna get it! Also, went with my kiddo to Half Price Books, where I bought the above mentioned movies.

So, Tuesday will be movie at the theater day. Yay!

W. :)

PS here is a little dance number to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment