Friday, February 24, 2012
♫Sing along Saturday!!♫
What would you do if you suddenly became rich? Like RICH, rich. After hiring a tax attorney and a financial planner, put away $$ for the kiddo for school and such, set up a good retirement fund for me and the hubs, I know what I would do:
1. I would take my son out of school for the remainder of his high school time. I would hire him a tutor to take care of the necessary book learning to facilitate his getting the almighty high school diploma. However, I would take him traveling around the world for at least a year. I feel he would learn so much more about life than he ever would sitting in a classroom.
2. I would pay off all my bills. To be able to live debt-free would be so awesome!!! A clean slate.
3. I would pay off all my aunt and cousin's bills as well. They have taken care of my grandmother for years without ever asking anyone for any help (and I know my grandmother is a handful). And I would book them an awesome vacation.
4. I would pay off my mother's bills, and help her get her life situated. She has gotten herself into quite a situation with the cats. I would help her out of that, and put her into a nice retirement community for baby boomers.
5. Husbeast would do the same for his family, as well. Plus he wants to build and outfit a fire station in a rural town near here that is in serious need.
6. I would donate to all my favorite causes: ASPCA, Doctors Without Borders, Human Rights Campaign.
7. I would buy a new car for me. And a new vehicle for husbeast, and a car for the kiddo. My car is 10 years old. Husbeast's truck is 8 years old.
8. I would buy a nice Winnebago. My husbeast and I always wanted to retire and then travel all over the country. This would be a purchase for about 10-15 years from now.
9. I would decide where I REALLY wanted to settle down, and then purchase a piece of land and home there. And hire a maid and cook.
10. And I would continue to work. For sure. But having the luxury of working because I WANT to instead of because I HAVE to. Ahhhh.....
11. And I would want to do something like that man who goes around every year handing out $100 bills randomly to people on the street. Every time I hear about stories like that....oh my heart. <3
Think I need to buy a lotto ticket.
Spending the afternoon in the library with the kiddo researching a science project. Just what I wanted to do on my first day off of work. :P