Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Photo a day challenge update

Photo challenge updates first.

Day 18: Drink



This is my drug of choice. At work, I drink two of these a night. When not at work, I usually only drink soda while I am out. At home it is green tea or water. But there is nothing quite as good as a cold soda. Mmmmm.
















Day 19: Something I hate to do




Cooking and laundry. Ugh! Hate to do both of those things. I think the cooking thing is just because I am the only one who does it in my house. It gets tedious day after day. Laundry, just because we don't have a washer/dryer in our apartment, which means we can't just toss a load in now and again. It is a weekly dragging everything across the complex chore. :P

Day 20, Handwriting



I shan't subject you to the chicken scratch that is my own handwriting. Instead, I present my husbeast's super neat writing. I found that after I became a nurse, my handwriting worsened markedly. I was writing so much on so many patients that it got terrible. Now I understand physicians' scrawl, and why it is like that. Now that most of my 'writing' is done via computer, it is not getting any better.

Day 21: A favorite photo of myself





This is me in kindergarten. After this picture was taken we all got to get pony rides. Now, I have a motto in life, and it hold's true until this day: Whatever stupid that is going to happen, it is going to happen to me.

When it was my turn for the pony ride, the put me up on the pony, and no one was holding his reins, and the dang horse took of running with me on the back. I held on for dear life to his mane, because that is all I had to hold onto.

Still, I love this picture. It marks a time before my life underwent a terrible upheaval.

I am giving tomorrow's prompt today, as I will be returning to work, and expect to be busy.

Day 22: Where I work



I have posted actual photos of my workplace, but this is where I work. While I love working with the babies, I am beginning to feel restless. This happens to me very often since I became a nurse. Right around 7-8 months working at a location, I start to get itchy for a new place or specialty. I begin to feel less challenged. And, to be honest, bored. I think it is time for me to start looking elsewhere in the hospital for a new specialty, or maybe return to working in mother/baby. We shall see.

W. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment